#ANSWERKEY: HP allied Answer key 2018
#HPPSCAllied Subordinate Services Exam 29 April 2018
allied Answer key 2018
1 Which of the following pairs are correctly matched
Lucknow: Ahmadullah Shah
2 Ilbert Bill controveroversy occurred during the tenure of which Viceroy
3 Who wrote “Poverty and Unbritish Rule in India”
Dada Bhai Naroji
4 Who founded Satyashodhak Samaj
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule
5 Who was the leader of Ghadar Movement
6. Out of which of the following movement which was first to take place
Swadeshi & Boycott Movement
7 Which of the following incidents marks the beginning of CDM
8 Who was the general secretary of first session of INC
9 Other Name of Indian Council Act of 1909
10 In which year Jallianwallah Bagh Massacre took place
11 In which year Sabarmati ashram was established by Ghandhiji
12 Name of Journal started by Ghandhiji in 1933
13 Ghandhiji launched his first Satyagraha at which place
14 Who said “I do believe that where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence
15 Who was the political Guru of Mahatma Gandhi
Gopal Krishna Gokhale
16 What was harshly critisced by Mahatma Gandhi in Hind Sawraj
Parliamentry Form Of Government
17 According to Gandhi what is the relation of capita and labour
18 Whose writings made a deep influence in shaping the ideas of Mahatma Gandhi
19 What was the most important element of Satyagraha
20 When did the congress passed the abolition of untouchability resolution?
21. Who wrote Rajtarangni
22 Which of the following sites of IVC is located in India
23 Which of the statement is true about Buddha?
He allowed admission to Sanga without any consideration of caste
24. What is the other name of Charvaka School of Philosphy
25. Ankor wat is situated in which country
26. Who wrote Amarkosh during Gupta age
27. Who came to India from China during the reign of Harshavardhan
28. Tomb of Akbar is located at
29. Adi Granth was compiled under which Guru
Guru Arjun Dev
30. Which one of the following Chola rulers got Brihadeshwar temple of Tanjore built?
31 Lowest rainfall in which desert
32. Lowest rainfall is recorded at
33. Highest annual range of temperature is recorded at
34. Hail Generally forms within
35. Which of the following are not mammals
Mackerel and Tunny
36. Widest Continental Shelf is at
37. Highest salinity is found at which lake
38. The highest tides in the world occur in the
Gulf of Funday
39. The gulf of Papua lies in the
South Pacific Ocean
40 Which of the following is not a carnivore
41. International Tsunami Information Centre is located at:
42. Area of Indian Coastline which is vulnerable to Storm surges, Cyclones and Tsunami
43. Chairman of NDMA
44. Term Cyclone is derived from
45. In which months in India floods are likely to occur in India
46. Tsunamis can occur at
Any time in Day/Night
47. UNDM Team is responsible for solving problems resulting from disaster
In all continents
48. How many Indian states and UT’s are disaster prone
49. Number of Human Lives lost due to Natural hazard in India in the year 1980-2011
50 11-3-2012 marked one year since an earthquake killed thousands of people?
51. Human Eye is most sensitive to visible light of Wavelength
52. Velocity of light is maximum in
53. A light Year is :
Distance travelled by light in one year in vacuum
54. A Laser is source of :
55. A rear-view mirror of a car is:
56. An air bubble in water behaves as :
57. Rainbow is seen due to:
58. A Convex lens is used to correct:
Hypermetropia (Long Sightedness)
59. Objects are visible in light due to:
60. Fingerprints on paper are identified by sprinkling fluorescent powder on it and observing it under:
61. Lightning rods are made of :
62. In an ordinary dry cell, the electrolyte is:
63. Power is transmitted from a powerhouse on high voltage AC because:
Its more economical due to less power wastage
64. Best Material for permanent magnet is:
65. Frequency of AC mains in India is:
66.Medium frequency band stands for :
67. Approximate height of ozone layer above the ground is:
68. Waves used for telecommunication are:
69. The size of an atom is of the order of:
70.The Process of superimposing signal frequency on the carrier wave is known as:
71. Which of the following has the maximum time of revolution around the sun?
72. The galaxy in which we live is:
Spiral in Shape
73.The name black hole is given because :
Its gravity is so high that it prevents even light to radiate into space
74. The wavelength of X-rays is of the order of?
75. The energy of a photon of wavelength λ is :
76.One cannot see through fog because :
Light is scattered by the droplets in fog
77. Energy in a current carrying coil is stored on the form of :
78. The twinkling of stars is due to :
The fact that refracting index of the earth’s atmosphere fluctuates
79. Up to which temperature, the mercury thermometer is used for measurement?
212 degree Celsius
80. Iron needle floats on the surface of water.
Its reason is: Surface Tension
81. The male literacy rate of Himachal Pradesh in 2011 Census was about :
82. Excluding the one rupee note, whose signature is found on other Indian currency notes?
83. Arrange these cities in ascending order of population as per 2011 census:
84. When was the first Finance Commission formed in India?
85. Match the Education level with unemployment rate as per census 2011:
Literate: 10.98%, Class X-XII: 14.55%, Graduate & above/Tech Degree: 14.42%
86. In which of the following years did India’s exports grow the fastest?
87. What were Indian’s GDP growth rates in the respective first and second quarters of 2017-18?
5.7 to 6.3%
88. Who received the Nobel Prize in Economics in 2017?
89. In Which month of 2014 was “Make in India” started?
25 Sept, 2014
90. Which Countries form BRICS?
Brazil, Russia, India, China & S. Africa
91. World population Day falls every year on:
92.Forest Research in India is under the Jurisdiction of:
93. Cauvery river water dispute is between :
Karnataka & Tamil Nadu
94. The Conservation project for which of the following species being run at Kedarnath forest of UP?
95. What are the three ‘R’s for a clean environment?
Recycle, Reuse & Reduce
96. Which energy development agency has launched an ambitious programme to mobilize children as Urja Rakshak?
Gujarat Energy Dev. Agency & Gujarat Electricity Board (Controversial)
97. The Best material for absorption of ‘noise’ is:
98. The Female fertility in India is targeted to a limit of:
99. Which of these represent the source and sink of river Ganga?
Gangotri & Gangasagar
100. The Famous book ‘ The Ascent of Man ‘ is written by:
101. Who edited the Vansavali of the Rajas of Kullu princely state?
102. To which category do the Pathyar and Kanhiyara inscriptions of Kangra District of H.P., Containing epigraphical records, belong?
103. Around which century did the Thakurs and Ranas of Lahul come under the control of Chamba princely state?
Tenth or Eleventh Century
104 Which one of the Shimla Hill state is off-shot of Sirmour Princely State
105 Which Raja of Suket Made Pangna the capital of his state
106 In which year Lahaul & Spiti came under British territory
107 Which of the following Shimla Hill States helped the British campaign against the Gurkhas around 1814-15 AD
Bushahar, Kehlur & Hindur
108 Who helped Raja Ghamand Chand
It was Maharaja Sansar Chand in 1781 (Wrong Question). Jai Singh was right answer
109 Which of Mughal ruler conferred Chhatrapati upon Raja Kehri Singh
110 Which Raja of Sirmour shifted capital from Rajban to Kalsi
111 Narender Mandal set up
112 Kangra Raja presumed dead and his funeral rites were performed
113 Ancient Sage do Audumbaras trace their origin
114 Khampas are called in Chamba as
115 Arrangement evolved by English after the Anglo Gorkha war
Khaneti & Delath
116 Which Term is used in upper Kinnaur region for narration to dead Lama
117 Who is Author of Kinner Pradesh (wrong statement)
118 Which Lake is source of Parbati River
119 Total area of HP
120 % of Area of L & S in HP
121 At which place does Satluj enter HP
122 Kasol Hot Spring
123 Stream/River fed by Chander Nahan Glacier
124 Manak Parbat
125 Pass joining Kangra & Chamba
126 Narsingh Tibba
127 Nabai Devi Temple
128 Gender ratio in HP is (2011)
129 First Thakurai among Shimla Hill States to set up responsible Govt on 15 Aug 1947 (phrasing seems not right)
130 HPU came into existence in
131 Daranghati Sanctuary
132 Residence of A O Hume
Shimla Rothney Castle
133 Renuka fair in Sirmour begins
10 days after Diwali
134 Ajanta of Himalayas
135 Prog of HP govt was renamed as “Nikas mein Jan Sahyog”
Gaon bhi Apna Kaam Bhi Apna
136 Nikka Painter was associated with
Chamba (though he migrated from Guler)
137 Temple in Pagoda style
138 Which dialect is spoken in Rampur Bushahr & Kotgarh
139 Who was deputy Speaker of HP Vidhan Sabha in 1952
140 I which year was HP Territorial Council converted into Legislative assembly
141 Who headed the Himalayan Prant Govt with HQ at Shimla in 1948
142 What is the theme of folk-song ‘Har’ of Sirmour region & ‘Jhera’ of Bilaspur, Mandi and Kangra region
143 With which region of HP is Kayang dance associated
144 Where is the office of Chief Information Commissioner of HP at Shimla
145 At which place of Una an Art Industrial Area is developed
146 On which River is Karcham Hydropower Project
147 When was Community Development Project launched in HP
148 Who founded the Nurpur Princely State
149 With which area are ‘Gangi’ and ‘Mohna’ folk-songs related
150 Which of the following is famous for Trout Fish
151. At Which place near Shimla is Golf course?
152. Which place in Bilaspur District of HP. Is known for Herbal Garden?
153. Which Bank has sponsored Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank?
154. Among the following, at which place in Mandi District of HP. Mining lease has been granted for setting up a cement plant?
155. Which Place in Shimla District is known for skiing?
156. On which issue Kinkri Devi file a PIL in the HP. High Court in 1987?
157. Who among the following was given HP. State level first prize for literature in 1982 for his work Pahari Chitrakala?
O C Handa
158. What was the number of nominated members in the HP. Vidhan Sabha constituted in 1967?
159. In which Vidhan Sabha Election in HP. did the BSP win a seat?
160. Who recorded the highest victory margin in the 2017 HP. Vidhan Sabha Elections?
Vinod Kumar (Nachan)
161. Who is appointed as new Chairman of Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) ?
162. Who is the first woman advocate whose name has been recommended by the collegium to become the judge of the Supreme Court of India?
163. Among the following who has not been awarded Padam Vibhushan in 2017?
L K Advani
164. In April 2017 on which route a train between India and Bangladesh was flag off for trial?
165. Who was awarded Dada Saheb Phalke award at the 64th National Film Awards Function?
166. Among the following which woman have served as judge of Supreme Court of India ?
M Fatima Biwi, Sujat V Manohar & Gyan Sudha Mishra
167. In May 2017, on which route Chennai Metro became operational?
168. Before elected as President of India, Shri Ramnath Kovind was Governor of which state?
169. Who is Chief Election Commissioner of India?
O P Rawat
170. Where is memorial of APJ Abdul Kalam established?
171. Who became the first woman defence minister of India ?
172. Who received the 2017 Jnanpith Award?
173. Among the following who has been the Marshal of Indian Air force ?
174. Who is regarded as ‘Father of DNA’ in India?
175. Name the famous scientist who has passed in 2017?
Yash Pal, U R Rao & P M Bhargava
176. Representative of which country is elected as Secretary General of SAARC in March 2017?
177. Which Indian woman is elected as judge of International Tribunal for Laws of the Sea (ITLOS) in 2017?
178. Who won the ‘Man Booker Prize for Fiction’ of 2017?
179. Who is the Prime Minister of Pakistan Today?
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
180. Who is Secretary General of UN ?
181. How many countries are number of SAARC ?
182. In which country was 9th BRICS Summit held in 2017?
183. Who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2017?
184. Recently which countries have announced their withdrawal from UNESCO?
USA & Israel
185. Recently leaked, “paradise papers” are related to :
Investment in secret tax havens
186. Which Indian judge has been elected to International Court of Justice (ICJ) ?
187. Name the famous film personalities who passed away in 2017?
Om Puri, Vinod Khanna & Sashi Kapoor
188.Which of the following statements is correct about sports activities in 2017?
All of the above
189.Which indian women team regained Asia Cup after 13 years in 2017?
190.How many medals india won in Rio de Janeiro Olympics,2016?
191.What does article 21A of the Indian Constitution deal with?
Free & Compulsory Education to all Children aged 6 to 14 years
192.Among various types of questions asked during ‘Question Hours’in Parliament, ‘Starred Question’is related to what?
These Questions are answered orally.
193. Who is sole authority to decide, whether a bill is money bill or not?
Speaker of Lok Sabha
194. Who is known as ‘First Low Officer’ of The Govt. of India?
195. What exclusive power does article 312 of The Constitution of India bestowed upon Rajya Sabha?
To introduce a bill for the creation of new All India Services
196.Chapter-4 A of the Constitution deals with:
197. When was World Trade Organization established
198. Who was first Governor General of Independent india ?
199. Who was the Speaker of 1st Lok Sabha ?
G V Mavlanakar
200. Who elects Vice President of India ?
Members of Parliament in joint sitting
ALL THE BEST to all the aspirants.
Hope you all like this small effort made by us. This is just a small effort, For surety wait till HPPSC releases final answer key.
wearehimachali Wishes you all a great future ahead.
PRATEEK has worked with NATIONAL AGRI-FOOD BIOTECHNOLOGY INSTITUTE for 3 years.He is a Bio-Tech professional with B.Tech(Biotechnology) From BCET Govt College and M.tech (Biotechnology) from kurukshetra university.He loves to write, read books ,listen Music and go for trekking expedition.He is a dedicated author at WE ARE HIMACHALI .